London & Birmingham Rly station, Curzon Street, Birmingham, Sun 26 June 2011 1. Looking north east. These offices were built in 1838 for the opening of the London & Birmingham to a design by Philip Hardwicke. They were intended to complement his much-missed Euston arch at the other end of the L & B. Originally the building was flanked by arches and an hotel, and had a trainshed behind - all long gone. Regular passenger services ceased in 1854 when New Street station opened, and it was subsequently part of the LNWR's goods depot. Out of use and boarded up at the time of this photo, the building is listed grade 2. The Thinktank science and technology museum in which 46235 City of Birmingham is immured can be seen in the left distance.
Curzon Street station Birmingham photos2011