The 'Whitehaven 3' at Warcop on Sun 10 July 2011. These diesels used to be at the Haig Colliery museum, Whitehaven, but came to the Eden Valley Railway in September 2010. At left is Vulcan Foundry 5262 / 1945, built under subcontract for Drewry Cars (2181 / 1945). In the middle is Thomas Hill 130c / 1963, originally John Fowler 22971 / 1942. At right is Hunslet 2389 / 1941, the only one of the three to have worked in Cumbria, at the Royal Naval Armaments Depot at Broughton Moor. Partially visible are 37250 at left and 4-CEP 2311 at right.
Eden Valley Railway photosIndustrial locomotiveDiesel shunter