King's coach, Thamshavn Railway, Lokken, Norway, 21 July 2015 1. This is an electric railcar built in Preston in 1908 by the United Electric Car Company, later part of English Electric. It was supplied by British Westinghouse to the Thamshavn Railway, Norway, as a directors' saloon but acquired its nickname after the King of Norway rode in it. The railway opened in 1908 to carry copper ore from mines at Lokken to the port of Thamshavn, south west of Trondheim. It is metre gauge, and was electrified from the outset at 6600V / 25Hz.