Tunbridge Wells West loco shed and station, Sat 26 April 2014. Welcome to the Spa Valley Rly! It is one of England's newest heritage lines, preservation moves having started in 1985 when BR closed the Eridge - Tunbridge Wells West line opened by the London, Brighton & South Coast Rly in 1866. The Spa Valley have gradually reopened the line, but have only been running over its full length since 2011. Much railway land has been lost since 1985, and the Spa Valley are based in this former loco shed built by the LBSCR in 1891. The locos are 15224 (left), Southerham, Fonmon? and E6047 (73140). In 1959 the shed, then coded 75F, had an allocation of 22 locos: 7 class H 0-4-4T; 2 class E4 0-6-2T; 1 Ivatt 2-6-2T; 6 Fairburn 2-6-4T; and 6 BR 2-6-4T. No tender locos were allocated.
Spa Valley Railway photosTunbridge Wells West photos2014E 604773140Class 73