Currock Junction, Carlisle, Thurs 23 February 2012. Looking north, with the Maryport - Bog Junction goods line at left. The passenger lines to Citadel sweep right. The former Glasgow & South Western Rly loco shed is at right. Opened in 1896, it was converted to a wagon repair depot in 1924 immediately after the formation of the LMS. It closed in 2007, and is the only Carlisle steam shed to survive. (There used to be seven.) Overgrown at centre is Currock yard, site of the Maryport & Carlisle Rly loco shed which was demolished in the 1930s.