County Donegal Rlys (Joint Committee) coach No 1 & trailer No 3 (nearer), Ulster Transport Museum, Cultra, Co Down, 17 May 2012. No 1 is a six-wheeler built in 1882 for the West Donegal Rly by the Birmingham Rly Carriage & Wagon Co. .No 3 was built in 1926 by Drewry as a 5ft 3in gauge petrol railcar for the Dublin & Blessington Steam Tramway. It closed in 1932, and the railcar was sold to the Co Donegal, where it was converted to 3ft gauge and ran as a railcar until 1944. Then the engine was removed and it ran as a trailer unttil the line closed in 1959.
Cultra museum narrow gauge photosIrish narrow gauge preservation photos