Warspite (left) & Respite, Ladysmith coal washery, Whitehaven, 9 June 1973. Respite is Hunslet 0-6-0ST 3696 / 1950, and it survives. It was delivered new to the National Coal Board's Walkden Rly in Lancashire, where it worked at Astley Green coliery, Tyldesley, until closure in 1970. It arrived at Whitehaven in 1972, and following closure moved to Bickershaw colliery, Leigh in 1975. Photo by Les Tindall.