Honours board, HMS Glengyle, Maryport Maritime Museum, 5 April 2016. Glengyle was one of the ships which took part in the evacuations from Greece and then from Sphakia. She was a fast (18 knot) cargo ship of 9919 tons built in Dundee by Caledon Shipbuilding for the Glen Line. Launched in 1939, she was converted into an infantry landing ship and commissioned into the Royal Navy in September 1940. She survived the war, and worked for Glen Line 1948 - 1970. Glengyle's bell is also in the Maryport museum.